Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One day down, a lifetime to go...

Well baby boy, mommy did it. I tackled my first day back to work, and I wasn't even a complete mess. Of course I had a few tears, and a few rough moments. But, it is done. There were lots of hugs, a lot of "welcome back"s, and lots of "I'm sorry"s. It was okay though; I felt so much comfort in knowing that people knew that I was still grieving, and that it was okay. Going back was hard still, and I was completely exhausted by the end of the day. Mommy still has a hard time sleeping sometimes, and it is finally catching up with me.

I am starting to have some good days, but the bad ones still creep up. I missed you terribly today, and I almost lost it when I saw a precious baby boy with his mother in the store. Some days are harder than others, and today was definitely one of those. I did get to spend it with your daddy, and we did share plenty of time together.

We also got to spend a little time today looking for your Christmas ornament. We haven't put up a tree yet, and I'm having a really hard time getting motivated. I still want that perfect ornament for you when we finally do get it. You are still a huge part of my life, and I want to share that with you.

Well precious one, mommy is going for the night. Know that I love you and miss you with my heart and soul. I am waiting for you and I will see you soon.

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Ashley -

    Here's a link to an ornament we bought for Carter. I LOVE it! http://www.intimeofsorrow.com/or55026.html

    ReplyDelete