Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas time...

Well, we finally put our Christmas tree up Sunday. Your sister had so much fun picking out a tree, and picking out an ornament for you. She did such a good job all by herself...

Now she looks up to the tree and exclaims "that's my brother's shoes!". She is so proud of her find, and so are we. You would have loved your ornament so much. We have a few for you, and they are all on the front and top of the tree, so everyone can see them. We still have one more coming in the mail, that Carter's mommy suggested, she got one for her little man, too. Now when I think of you, I can think of him and how much he is missed, too. It makes mommy feel good to know that she is not alone in this.

It was hard decorating without you,  because I know that I would have held you and helped you put your first ornament up just like your sister did when she was born. I would have taken so many pictures, because you never want to forget memories like those. But, unfortunately I don't get to make those memories with you, yet. But I did light a special candle for you, so we could feel your warmth and think of you. It was the closest I could get to having you there.

I also get to look at your tiny, perfect footprints evertime we light the tree, too. Jodi from NILMDTS sent this to us when she sent us your pictures, and I just love it. You can see the angel I bought you that says,
"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy".
Now I can look up at the night sky and smile.

Remember Mommy and Daddy this Christmas, while we remember you. We miss you and love you so much. Oh, and Mommy donated a tool set today so that some little boy somewhere can have a happy Christmas, because of you. I am so proud of the work you have done in Mommy's life, whether it is happy or sad.

I am waiting for you precious, and I pray every day that God will keep you just the way you are so that when I get to heaven I can enjoy being your Mommy. I love you.

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashley....I just watched your video and I am crying.....I am so sorry. I wish I could say a perfect word to make your pain go away but there's no words that can do that :( Just know I am here whenever you need someone for anything.....God Bless You!!!

    ReplyDelete