Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving precious boy. It was definitely not the same without you. It as a long day, but we spent it with family. We had a lot of good food, and we got to enjoy the company of the ones we love. I had to pick up your Uncle Josh, and it was the first time we got to spend Thanksgiving with him a a few years. It was nice.

I did have my ups and downs, but I survived. I definitely had some tears, but I did not break down on anyone and I was proud. Your daddy and I lit that candle that we picked out especially for you. It was hard at first, but it was so comforting there beside your beautiful picture, to know that we had your warmth with us.



The weather here is getting colder. We definitely would have had to bundle you up tight. I would have loved to pick out winter outfits for you. Your sister and I had already bought a few outfits for you to be warm in. I had already pictured you coming home from the hospital in one of them.

I thought that since your daddy and I hadn't finished up your room yet, that it would be easier to come home and not be reminded of losing you so much. But, I was wrong. We bought a new car a few months ago to make room for you. We wanted to make sure that you and your sister had plenty of room. Now I'm reminded of that every time that I look into the rearview mirror and I don't see your infant carrier. We also got rid of the carpet in the living room and the hallways. We wanted to make sure that you had nice, clean floors to do tummy time, crawl for the first time, and to take your first steps. I'm sure that everything is nicer though where you are. It just hurts not to see you here.

Well my son, Mommy is going for the night. I love you and missed you so much today. Happy Thanksgiving, and please tell the angels that we are so thankful that they are taking care of you.

I'm waiting for you baby, and I can't wait until the day I see your beautiful face again.

Mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment