Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Change...

Over the past few months I have been embracing change, and what comes along with it. After a VERY rough year, things always seem to have a way of turning around. My husband's truck burst into flames, and the next day while trying to figure out what we're going to do, a fellow coworker informs me that he has an old truck that he was going to take to the junkyard. All he wants it's the price of scrap (which is dirt cheap). We of course said yes, and now my husband is driving in an old, beat up, God send. The truck is reliable, and it needs less work than the truck he was in. Of course it is nothing to marvel at, but it cranks every time, and we are sooo thankful for it.

In a few weeks, I will be changing jobs as well. Something new, innovative, and I am scared out of my mind. But, I know this opportunity was placed in my path for a reason. I'm sure I will struggle at first, but I know in the future, that this will all come together.

We have definitely learned to embrace hardships, and to always look around the corner. Even in the worst of times, things always seem to find a way to work themselves out (even if it is not in the way we had hoped for). My family and I are not wealthy in money in the least bit, and we struggle from check to check, but we are incredibly blessed. When we don't know where our next payment is coming from, something comes around. I can't begin to explain the blessings that we have seen.

I know that there will always be things we won't understand here on earth, and I will never pretend to try. But God always, always, always seems to pull us out. For that, I am so thankful.....even in the worst of times. For today, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment