Sunday, April 4, 2010

Your first Easter

Today I thanked God for many things. I thanked him for family, friends, food, clothing, and my beautiful children. I got to show you off Friday for the first time in a while. Someone asked me how many children I had, and they cared enough to let me show them the pictures I have of you. They will never know how much that meant to me.

I still think of you daily, and today was no different. Today would have been many firsts for you. You would have had your first Easter egg hunt, first Easter portraits, and your first time dying eggs. I would have taken hundreds of pictures, and included you in every event. Although I carried you with me, it was still not the same. Your big sister woke up this morning and got her Easter basket; she is always very enthusiastic about all her gifts. We lit your candle, and gave you your first Easter present. It wasn't much, but I immediately thought of you when I saw it. For whatever reason, every time I see little lambs I think of you. I guess it is our special secret. Here is the one I picked out for you.


I love you so much and would have much rather have had you here today. In between all of the chaos and the fun, I am still so grateful for what we have. But, boy is it hard without you here. You would have been, and you are my little prince. I will always treat you that way. Please save a place for me, because one day you will be in my arms. I can't wait to hold you again. I hope and pray that your Easter was the most wonderful celebration. I love you son, and miss you more than words can describe.
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love the lamb you got for him. I wish they could've been with us for Easter!

    ReplyDelete